Tuesday, March 8, 2011

WoW: Planning a Wedding

I'm back on that wonderfully addictive Massive Multiplayer Online Role Playing Game (MMORPG for short), World of Warcraft! Things started looking up and now I'm back to being Phwoosh, the cuddly little fire-throwing gnome.

Most of my time the last three days has been spent in Twilight Highlands, and it's my favorite content for Cataclysm. I haven't done the underwater zone yet. Deepholm was a little boring. Mount Hyjal was fun, but I got bored with it pretty quickly. Twilight Highlands, on the other hand, has a lot of little things that I like. The first to come to mind is the reference to one of my favorite books. You're sent to kill a couple two-headed ogres named Za'brox and Beeble'phod. Rearrange that and you get the name of a two-headed man from Betelgeuse: Zaphod Beeblebrox.

I loved it.

Another part I loved about that quest was that you didn't actually "need" to pick up the heads. The quest giver thinks it's odd and tells you that he would have believed you if you'd just said you'd killed the ogres. It brought back memories of "Go kill this guy and bring back his [body part]" quests.

Earlier in the zone, you get to plan a dwarfish wedding. You have to find "something bold, something brewed, something stolen," and  "something stewed." It makes me wish a little bit that Josh and I had done a Wildhammer wedding. Then again, Cataclysm wasn't out when we got married. It was fun anyway. You get to write a song and make a headdress and even walk the bride down the aisle! Even the part where the preacher turns into a giant tentacle-dwarf-man is fun... If you didn't change out of your armor and into something presentable for the wedding...

Yeah. Don't do that. Just stay in your miss-matched armor.

I have a feeling I'm almost finished with this zone, and then I'm backtracking to the underwater place. I should have Loremaster of Cataclysm by the end of the week. Then it's off to Westfall! I'm going to get the Loremaster title. Might as well start somewhere fun.

Well, I'm off. It's really late, and I have to wake up tomorrow to give you all a recipe. I think it's going to be red beans and rice, since that's the best thing I've made in a few days.

-Anny

No comments:

Post a Comment