Monday, June 9, 2014

Skyrim - Wood Elf Dragonborn ((Update before posting))

No. No no no nonononononononono no. This isn't happening. This can't be happening. I'm not a Nord. I'm not even part Nord. I wasn't born in Skyrim. There is no way in Oblivion that I am part of this insane Nord mythology. I am not Dragonborn, whatever that means. Yeah, I was coerced into helping kill a dragon, but I have no idea how I know how to speak their language. After we killed the beast, I felt this enormous rush of power. I could see the world from above and feel a fire in my chest. Suddenly I knew what one of the words from the wall was, and I spoke it. Everyone in front of me staggered and fell. The Nord guards gathered around and started going on about how I am Dragonborn. Balgruf or someone in Whiterun must know what's going on. They have to.

They weren't kidding about Seven Thousand Steps. I've probably gone halfway up this mountain now, and it's time for a break. I still don't know what's going on, especially about the Dragonborn issue, but Balgruf said that the Greybeards on top of this mountain would be able to tell me more about it and train me. He's given me the title of Thane and my own housecarl, Lydia, and she's handy in a pinch. There have been a couple bears on the steps and I think I hear something bigger up above us some. She asked me what I'm hoping to learn at the top and I brushed it off, but I very much hope to be told that I am not the Dragonborn and that I need to get out of Skyrim. I didn't want to come up here anyway, but if it means that there won't be voices thundering from the sky then I'll go see the old men. As soon as I got back to Whiterun it sounded like a deafening clap of thunder, but there was a word: Dovahkiin. I don't know what it means, nor do I want to, but apparently it is the Greybeards calling me to their monastery.

_____________________________________________________________________

Oh, no! Larien has found out that she's more a part of this than she ever wanted! How's she going to handle everything? We're still a couple weeks out from my upcoming adventures, but (what have I actually done? YMCA? New recipe? Finished my craft room?)

No comments:

Post a Comment